Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Do You Have a Favorite Artist?

Do you have a favorite artist who inspires you the most? Whose painting style has influenced yours the strongest? I do have mine, who is Richard Schmid. His paintings have a painterly and spontaneous look. The calligraphic design of his brush work makes his work have a special abstract beauty, which attracts me to really want to study from him.  I was very fortunate for being with him a few times at Putney VT. He is very kind, down to earth, and very helpful. He has given me valuable instructions, which helps me tremendously to being my art to a higher level. Now I have started teaching painting workshops at Putney as well. Quite a few times Richard came and meet artists in my class and demo for us.

Now I am going Putney again. From October 22 to 24, I will teach a 3-day painting workshop at the same studio where Richard and other Putney painters paints. I am very excited about this opportunity, and can’t wait to see Richard again. If you are interested join me and painting at the beautiful Vermont, I have a good news for you. We still have a few openings. Please contact Penelope for detail information and sign up.

Thanks,


Qiang

No comments:

Post a Comment