Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Mathematics in Art


Do artists need math? Generally speaking, I don't know. However to myself, the answer is: Absolutely. Mathematics is a powerful tool when I run into ambiguous issues during painting practice. I'd like to run a few analysis mathematically. For instance, I try to investigate the color temperature relationship between light and shadow. I use image processing software (Photoshop) to sample out the colors in light and shadow area. I get their color coordinates so I can compare, and then plot the sampled colors on the color wheel. The result can be shown clearly. I document the analysis result in my note book for future references. My today's post is one of my color analysis. I consider I may teach some useful math to you in my future workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment