Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"Wuzhen Street 2 (Day 3)"


I have mentioned that I am doing 3 paintings together for my current project. I placed the first one on the back burner, which is my living room. I can see it often when I am not in my studio. The problems will pop up themselves if I display it in front of me long enough, the painting will nag me to fix its problems, then I will take action. Now I am working on the second painting. Its composition and color scheme is very similar to the first one. So painting the second one will help me to establish a systematic procedure to generate this kind of paintings (sounds pretty bad, doesn't it? It seems I am establishing a production line). If I say my first painting is R&D, my second painting is engineering. Please do not tell me that artists only used only the right brain. To be balanced is the key of doing anything well.

No comments:

Post a Comment