Monday, May 30, 2016

"Mountain Labor"

Click Here for Purchasing Info

Last September, a group of artists and I arrived at the top of the Yellow Mountain by cable car. However I have found that the most of supplies for hotels on the top of mountain was carried up manually. The painting was done based on a photo I took.

It was a few days struggle to do this painting (no comparison to the person who carried a giant oxygen tank climbing who knows how many steps). Somehow I feel it is my self portrait, carrying a heavy load on my journey going up. There is no way back, and there is still a long way to go. Even I don't know if I can make it.

Tomorrow will be the deadline for my 2016 China trip. We still need a few more people to make this trip a "Go". I hope some of you can join us. I am very sure it will be a wonderful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment