Tuesday, June 12, 2018

"Tuscany in Green"


Click Here for Purchase Info

The reason I painted this one is that I want to explore the world of color in a sense of design. I deliberately deviated from the color accuracy of realistic landscape. I want to compose the colors of this painting as a piece of music. The painting has a strong dominated color tone, which is green. All the colors are far away from real scene. All the colors on the painting are artificial. But I kept the color relationships. By varying the temperature of all the greens, I presented the depth and local colors of the trees, houses, and hills. We all know green is a difficult color to use. My old trick was to indicate greens without using green. However this time I deliberately using a lot of pure green, but I don't want the greens look garish. I hope to create a strong sense of color harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment