Monday, March 9, 2015

"Downtown Austin (Day 1)"


After teaching two workshops in a row, I am back to Austin. I have about two weeks before my next trip. So I decided to do more new stuff.



This painting is by far the largest I have ever done. It is a 40" x 40". This morning I went to Jerry's Artarama in the pouring rain. Austin has not raining hard like this for a long long time, but when I try to squeeze this large canvas into my small Honda, it just dumped ton of water on me. Dragged this giant into my garage, I found I don't even have a proper easel to hold it. I have an old "Mirage" easel that barely hold this canvas, but it keeps moving and turning. Under the clumsy condition, I have managed putting the dark paints on to create the underpainting, but suddenly the big canvas came off the easel and fell right on my face. I pushed, it collapse on my palette, and knock it over. Before I can do anything, the sharp corner of the palette has poked a hole right at the center of the canvas. That is the first day of my largest painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment