Monday, March 16, 2015

"Downtown Austin"


Today is the Day 8 I have been on this project. I decide to stop now. You must also be tired of seeing me posting the same painting again and again. Stopping the project does not mean I feel satisfied with the painting. As a matter of fact I see more and more problems and issues, but I have no solutions for them. It was a good exercise. I have learned a lot, and start to gain experience on painting large. I have touched bases of many aspects of painting and I have thoroughly documented what I have encountered. I am pretty sure the next one will be better than this one. Soon I will be on my way teaching again. I am glad I did not waste my days between workshops. This is my only way of learning seriously.



I guess the most disappointment I had with this painting is that It shows drying spots after I would say 5 days after I started. Then the painting shows inconsistent value and color, and lost the integrity. I tried to fix it by spring retouch varnish, but it seems not help much. This problem happens almost every time when I do long term paintings. You know I am mainly an Ala Prima painter, and don't have much experience on this problem. If you are an artist who paint mostly large and multi days, could you help me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment